Welcome to Shannon Valley
The below update was provided on 6.5.2020 and is now being revised (6.23.2020) to readdress point number 3.
The Board has decided to cancel Independence Day festivities entirely (parade, Kona Ice, bounce houses). On 6.22, KS Gov Laura Kelly addressed the state and expressed concern over the rising cases of COVID-19 in our community. As a result of this rise, she is recommending that Kansas remain in Phase 3 of the reopening plan. Johnson County, KS has already announced that, as a county, it will follow the plan/direction of the state. Because of this, we believe it’s best to adhere to that plan, which includes: limiting exposure to groups greater than 45, maintaining social distancing, continuing to wear masks, and staying home when feeling ill. Because of the nature of the festivities, we don’t believe this is a risk-free event, and cannot adhere to those guidelines.
The park area will continue to remain open, and will be available for watching fireworks that evening. Corporate Woods is continuing with it’s display plans, but has eliminated the food vendors/music/other activities from the typical event.
This is disappointing for everyone, but we will continue to look forward to future neighborhood events and hopefully reinstating this one on July 4, 2021
The update from 6.5
We wanted to share a couple of quick points of importance right now:
- We are starting a Yard of the Month program in Shannon Valley. Click HERE for more details and to nominate a neighbor for the first Yard of the Month award!
- Waste Management has reinstated large item pickup on the first pickup of each month!
We are still awaiting state of Kansas and City guidance on whether our normal Independence Day Celebration will be able to happen
- The Shannon Valley park does remain open (shelter, tennis courts, basketball court) but the area south of the parking lot (playground and corresponding shelter) is owned by Overland Park. The City of OP has stated that playgrounds are currently closed, and discourage general park use. Please exercise common sense in following CDC guidelines if you choose to be outdoors during this time. More from the City here: https://www.opkansas.org/about-overland-park/newsroom/coronavirus/
- We will continue to evaluate future neighborhood events as time goes on.
- Please reach out to your board, email@example.com, if you have any questions or concerns.
Stay safe, and stay healthy!
Welcome to Shannon Valley
Shannon Valley Homeowners are all proud of our tree-shaded streets, our parks and tennis court, and access to all of the amenities that Overland Park has to offer! We welcome you to our community!
The Shannon Valley Homeowners Assoc. Board will once again be calling on neighbors to help with the fun-filled activities that are planned throughout the year. Our plans include our annual Easter Egg Hunt in the SV Park in March, the SV Art Fair in May, The Neighborhood Garage Sale in June, the 4th of July Parade in the Park in July, the Oktoberfest with Indian Creek in October, and our Annual Meeting which is held in November.
You can go to the Volunteer section of our website to let the Board know which events you’d like to help with. And mark your calendars to attend and get to know your neighbors in a fun and relaxed atmosphere!
Our SV Homeowners Association can also use volunteers to become Block Captains, organize Block Parties, and serve on our Long Term Planning Committee to help plan future projects to maintain and enhance our neighborhood.
Please register your email address and update your directory information to help us with distributing newsletters, providing notices about neighborhood events, and offering information about important matters to homeowners. If you don’t utilize email, please let the Board know and we can make sure that you receive neighborhood information through the mail.
Since we now have HAS (Home Association Solutions) as our SV property management agent, we are happy to have Dylan Stang as your contact for questions or comments about neighborhood issues. Please feel free to contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org, or any Shannon Valley Board Member.
Check our website often to keep up with all the happenings in Shannon Valley — A Great Place To Live!